- The Camoran Dynasty of Valenwood is founded by King Eplear.
- The Ayleids of Cyrodiil use this newly formed kingdom as a buffer from the influence of the Alinor (Summerset Isle) kingdom. The White-Gold Tower becomes an independent city-state, and the heart of the Ayleid Empire.
- 1E 20 — The Psijic Order first appears in recorded history.
- The Breton sage and author Voernet writes of his trip to the Isle of Artaeum to meet with Iachesis, the Ritemaster of the Psijics, the counselors of kings and proponents of the “Elder Way,” taught to them by the original race that inhabited Tamriel.
- 1E 143 — Harald is crowned High King of the Nords.
- Harald, the 13th descendent of the legendary Ysgramor‘s line, relinquishes his ancestral holdings in Atmora, and consolidates Skyrim as an independent kingdom with Windhelm as its capital. He is later recognized as the first historical ruler of the Nords.
- 1E 198 — The Scouring of Wendelbek.
- The Narfinsel Schism, a late-Merethic Era internal conflict pitting Aedra-worshiping Ayleid clans against Daedra-worshiping clans, comes to a climax at Wendelbek. King Glinferen of Atatar led a combined force of Daedraphile warriors against the traditionalist Barsaebics of Ayleidoon. The Barsaebics were driven out of the Heartland into northwest Argonia, ending organized opposition to Daedra-worship in Cyrodiil.
- 1E 240 — The Skyrim Conquests occur.
- From 1E 222 – 272, the First Empire of the Nords expands across Morrowind and High Rock, swallowing them up by 2E 240. Some sources interpret the Skyrim Conquests to have run from 1E 240 to 1E 415.
- Alessia, also known as the Slave Queen, leads the predominantly human slaves against the Ayleid Empire, with the help of the Nords and some rebel Ayleid rulers. They eventually conquer all of Cyrodiil.
- 1E 243 — Taking of the White-Gold Tower.
- The White-Gold Tower finally falls into the hands of the rebels, marking the end of Ayleid supremacy in Cyrodiil, and the Slave Queen Alessia founds the Alessian Empire. The remaining Ayleids that opposed Alessia seek refuge with Valenwood‘s Camoran Dynasty and the Direnni in High Rock, while the rebel Ayleid lords who sided with Alessia continue to rule parts of Cyrodiil as vassals of the new Empress Alessia. Some famous human heroes are Morihaus, who leads the attack of White-Gold Tower, and Pelinal Whitestrake, who single-handedly defeats many of the Ayleid kings, including the Ayleids’ demigod champion Umaril the Unfeathered.
- From 1E 243 to 498, the new kingdom of humans, under the rule of Empress Alessia and her descendants, prospers and rules the nearest kingdoms of Colovia. They build a strong national identity as they gradually become more united. The Empress Alessia creates the new religion of the Eight Divines, fusing the pantheons of the Nords and Cyrodiilic tribes, who followed Altmeri deities.
- 1E 246 — Daggerfall City is founded.
- The north half of the Iliac Bay, including the current province of High Rock, is conquered by invading Nords, who bring a rough sort of civilization with them. One of the Nords’ first civilized acts is a census – the Book of Life. Listed on page 933 of the book is this entry: “North of the Highest bluffs, south of the moors, west of the hills, and east of the sea is called DAGGERFALL. 110 men, 93 women, 13 children under 8 years of age, 58 cows, 7 bulls, 63 chickens, 11 cocks, 38 hogs live here.”
- 1E 266 — Empress Alessia dies.
- Akatosh (or Shezarr in the form of Pelinal) arrives at the White-Gold Tower in the Imperial City and transforms the dying Alessia into the first of the Cyrodilic saints. Thus, Empress Alessia becomes the first gem in the Cyrodilic Amulet of Kings. This is the beginning of the Covenant between the Imperials and Akatosh, which helps to protect Tamriel from Oblivion.
- 1E 355 — Clan Direnni rises to prominence.
- Clan Direnni, the only known High Elven ruling family remaining in human lands, claims power in High Rock through political maneuvering and various machinations.
- 1E 361 — The Alessian Doctrines are enforced.
- The Alessian Order becomes the dominant political factor in the Alessian Empire, and their doctrines are enforced throughout Cyrodiil and northern Tamriel. The doctrines impose the very strict religious teachings of the prophet Marukh, who, after reportedly receiving visions from the ghost of the Slave Queen Alessia, begins to question Elven rule, calling for a suppression of Elven elements within the pantheon of the Eight Divines. The Order enforces strict codes of behavior which preclude most forms of entertainment. The remaining Ayleid lordships, once tolerated by the Alessian Empire, are abolished.
- 1E 369 — High King Borgas dies.
- When High King Borgas of Winterhold is killed during the Wild Hunt and the Moot fails to elect Jarl Hanse as the next ruler of Skyrim, the War of Succession erupts across the Nordic Empire. The conflict leads to the Empire’s dissolution as its territories in Morrowind, High Rock, and Cyrodiil break away. The war ends in 1E 420 with the Pact of Chieftains.
- Nenalata, the last remaining Ayleid city in Cyrodiil is given an ultimatum to leave the province or face extermination. King Laloriaran Dynar gathers those who wished to leave and begins an exodus to the lands of the Direnni Hegemony. Shortly afterwards the Alessian Army arrives at Nenalata and massacres all who choose to stay behind.
- 1E 376 — The traditional Yokudan emperors are overthrown.
- The traditional tenets of the Yokudan Empire are overthrown, and although each successive emperor remains a figurehead for the empire, his powers are very much reduced. The Redguard people see 300 years of almost continuous civil war between provincial lords, warrior monks, and brigands, all fighting each other for land and power before the appearance of the hero Hunding. [nb 3]
- The united Chimer and Dwemer drive the Nords out of modern-day Morrowind, which was then called Resdayn. Nerevar and Dumac become leaders of the First Council of Resdayn, and it flourishes under their leadership. Peace among the Chimer and the Dwemer brings an unprecedented prosperity to their land.[nb 2]
- The Dwemer clan Rourken rebel against this alliance with the Chimer and self-exile themselves. According to legend, “the Rourken chieftain threw his mighty hammer, Volendrung, across Tamriel, promising to lead his clansmer to ‘wherever it should fall.'” The land where they would arrive was thus called Volenfell (i.e., Hammerfell).
- Jurgen Windcaller goes on his “Seven-Year Meditation”, culminating in the formation of the Greybeards.
- The Skyrim War of Succession ends with the Pact of Chieftains. The war resulted in Skyrim losing control of the other provinces in northern Tamriel, and though their borders continue to shift occasionally, they never regain their former stature.
- Olaf One-Eye is crowned High King of Skyrim.
- 1E 482 — The Battle of Glenumbria Moors
- The battle between the Alessian Order and the Direnni Elves of High Rock, under the command of Aiden Direnni. The Order is soundly defeated by the Elves at the cost of much of the Elven power in High Rock. The Nord High King Hoag Merkiller is killed during the battle.
- The province of Skyrim, under the new High King Wulfharth, submits to a fiery reinstatement of the traditional Nordic pantheon. Alessian temples are destroyed, and remnants of its priesthood seek refuge in the Heartlands.
- 1E 498 — Elven power in High Rock is ended.
- The Elves of High Rock, after losing much power in the Battle of Glenumbria Moors against the Alessian Order, are finally driven from High Rock almost 20 years later, ending the so-called Late Ayleid Period.
- 1E 533 — High King Ysmir Wulfharth dies.
- King Thagore of Daggerfall defeats the army of Glenpoint and becomes the preeminent economic, cultural, and military force in southern High Rock, a position the kingdom has precariously kept ever since.
- 1E 617 — Mansel Sesnit is assassinated.
- Sesnit, the military dictator of Yokuda, is assassinated and a commoner, Randic Torn, takes over the government of the Yokudans. He rules for 120 years.
- The first eruption of Morrowind’s gigantic volcano, since known as Red Mountain. Ash spews into the sky and hides the sun for a year. This year is also called Sun’s Death or the Year of Winter in Summer.
- 1E 670 — Iliath Temple is converted to worship the Tribunal.
- 1E 700 — Battle of Red Mountain.
- The approximate date of the famous battle between the Chimer and the Dwemer, led by Nerevar and Dumac Dwarfking, which concludes the War of the First Council. Both Nerevar and Dumac perish. These events pave the way for the formation of Tribunal Morrowind, which would last until near the end of the Third Era.
- 1E 780 — The War of the Singers.
- Emperor Hira attempts to wrestle control of the empire from the people by exterminating the sword-singers. Frandar Hunding leads the resistance and crushes his army at the foot of Mount Hattu. Shortly after, Frandar and his army migrate to Hammerfell.
- 1E 792 — The destruction of Yokuda.
- A renegade band of Ansei called the Hiradirge reportedly sink Yokuda after being defeated in battle. The bulk of the refugees flee east to the island Herne, while the rest continue on to Tamriel.
- A warrior wave of Yokudans, the Ra Gada, drives the beastfolk and Nedic peoples from Volenfell. Over time, the name “Ra Gada” becomes corrupted into “Redguard”, and the race claims Hammerfell as their homeland. The beastfolk refugees escape from Hammerfell and join the Orcs at Orsinium.
- 1E 853 — The Corelanya Clan are exterminated by Yokudan colonists
- Led by King Xakhwan of Yath, the Yokudans face the Corelanya clan at the Ash’abah Pass and finally drive them from Hammerfell. King Xakhwan was killed during the conflict and was succeeded by one of his sons.
- Breton forces deny the survivors passage through the Bangkorai Pass, forcing them to flee northeast through the Dragontail Mountains before they finally reach Orsinium.
- 1E 950 — Assault on Orsinium begins.
- The annihilation of the Orcish capital Orsinium begins thanks to the joint effort of Daggerfall, the new kingdom of Sentinel, and the Order of Diagna. It took constant effort over 30 years to finally drive out the Orcs.
- 1E 983 — Evermore is founded.
- The High Rock city is established by the River Horse Bretons, after the Bjoulsae trade was opened up thanks to the fall of Orsinium.
- 1E 989 — Wayrest grows from a small village to a major city.
- After the legions of Empress Hestra deposed King Styriche of Verkarth, Styriche fled west with his infamous Gray Host of vampires and werewolves, pillaging along the way. The Gray Host was halted by the Bangkorai Garrison of High Rock, and Hestra’s forces killed the survivors. Impressed by the Bangkorai Garrison’s actions, Hestra allowed High Rock to be admitted into the Empire. House Dorell of Northpoint was granted a barony.
- Empress Hestra, fed up with the pirates hiding in the depths of Black Marsh, calls for the head of the most famous brigand, “Red” Bramman, as part of a larger campaign. Their incursion provided some of the first outsider accounts on the true culture of the land of the Argonians.
- 1E 1100 — The kingdom of Wayrest is founded.
- Wayrest’s rapid expansion following the defeat of Orsinium in 1E 980 culminates the merchant power earning the right to be called a kingdom.
- 1E 1301 — Sack of Skywatch
- 1E 1427 — Battle of Duncreigh Bridge
- The battle between Anticlere and the neighbouring hamlet of Sensford. It is celebrated each year by Anticlere with a march down Sensford’s main street, usually resulting in many injuries and sometimes brief wars between the towns’ knightly orders. The battle ultimately achieves nothing, as both sides continue to boast of their own antique lineage.
The Dragon Break
The longest Dragon Break ever known, sometimes called the Middle Dawn, is said to take place across much of Tamriel for one thousand and eight years. Some scholars think the whole matter was the result of an error in a timeline. It was a “timeless time”, and from exactly when to when it occurs is unknown.
- For the next several centuries, this brutal plague devastates more than half of Tamriel‘s population, concentrated along the western coast nearest to Thras.
- 1E 2260 — The All Flags Navy
- A massive fleet, comprising ships from every nation of Tamriel, sails against the Sload in retribution for the Thrassian Plague, sinking their kingdom with mighty magics.
- 1E 2321 — The War of Righteousness begins.
- The War of Righteousness breaks out when Western Cyrodiil isolates itself from the Alessian Empire and establishes the Colovian Estates. This follows years of internal strife within the Alessian Order‘s bloated priesthood and territorial movements to curtail or outlaw the Order’s religion.
- 1E 2331 — The War of Righteousness ends.
- After a decade of conflict, the War of Righteousness concludes and the Alessian Order and Empire are dissolved. The Empire’s former territories solidify their independence, and its heartland, Cyrodiil, splits into Eastern and Western halves that continue to diverge culturally over the following centuries.
- 1E 2703 — The First Akaviri Invasion occurs
- Tsaesci of Akavir land in Tamriel, cutting a swathe of destruction through Skyrim and Cyrodiil, spurring Reman Cyrodiil to rally the Colovian West and Nibenean East. Cyrodiil is united for the first time in centuries. The unified army defeats the Akaviri at the Pale Pass along the Cyrodiil-Skyrim border. The Second Empire is established. Some sources claim the invasion began in 1E 2700.
- In an attempt to limit the possibility of the Reachmen uniting against him, Emperor Reman Cyrodiil divided their territory between the provinces of Skyrim and High Rock. The natives resisted fiercely, and there was never a decade when the troops of Solitude or Evermore wouldn’t be sent in an attempt to pacify them.
- After centuries of unrelenting warfare along the border with Cyrodiil and a plague from Thras, the land of the Bosmer finally falls to the Second Empire. Although the province became occupied by the Imperial Legion, they continued to experienced resistance from some natives for several years.
- 1E 2762 — Emperor Reman I dies.
- 1E 2762 — Emperor Kastav is crowned.
- 1E 2805 — Emperor Reman II is crowned.
- Reman II deposed the incompetent Kastav and is credited with negotiating an end to the Winterhold Rebellion and leading the Second Empire into a golden age. He would later begin a war of conquest against Argonia and Morrowind. Some sources claim his accession took place later in 1E 2812.
- 1E 2811 — The Blackwater War begins.
- A military expansion is launched by Reman II against Argonia, eventually resulting in the formation of the Imperial Province of Black Marsh.
- 1E 2837 — The province of Black Marsh is created.
- The Second Empire succeeds in seizing a large part of the swamplands of Argonia to create the province of Black Marsh. Its provincial status was revoked after the dissolution of the Second Empire.
- 1E 2840 — The Four-Score War begins.
- 1E 2851 — Emperor Reman II dies.
- According to the inscription on his tomb in Sancre Tor, he dies “in battle against the Dark Elves“.
- 1E 2851 — Emperor Brazollus Dor is crowned.
- The little-known Brazollus Dor disdains the responsibilities of governing, preferring to spend his time at his country estate near Skingrad while his Potentate, Sidri-Ashak, handled all matters of state. This is said to be the emperor’s wisest decision, as Sidri-Ashak proved to be a gifted administrator and man of integrity.
- 1E 2877 — Emperor Reman III is crowned.
- 1E 2920 — The last year of the First Era.
- Emperor Reman III and his son and heir Prince Juilek are both assassinated by the Morag Tong. This follows the sacking of the Dunmer fortress of Black Gate, breaking a truce between the Empire and Morrowind. Akaviri Potentate Versidue-Shaie assumes the Imperial Throne, and declares the start of the Second Era.
- Mehrunes Dagon destroys Mournhold. Almalexia and Sotha Sil are too late to prevent its destruction, but manage to banish Mehrunes Dagon back to Oblivion.